Despite every effort by E-focus to provide satisfactory services to its students, complaints may occasionally arise that require formal resolution. Students have the opportunity to have any issues relating to a substantiated grievance or appeal resolved and resolutions reached that attempt to satisfy all parties involved. Our grievance and appeal process will be at no cost to the student; unless referred to a third party.
Where possible all non-formal attempts shall be made to resolve the issue. This may include advice, discussions, and general mediation in relation to the issue and the student’s concern.
Complaints are to include the following information:
- Submission date of complaint
- Name of complainant
- Nature of complaint
- Date of the event which lead to the complaint
- Attachments (if applicable).
All students have the right to appeal decisions made by E-focus where reasonable grounds can be established. The areas in which a student may appeal a decision made by E-focus may include:
- Assessments conducted
- Deferral, suspension, or cancellation decisions made in relation to the student’s enrolment
- Or any other conclusion / decision that is made after a complaint has been dealt with by E-focus in the first instance.
- If a client (student or other client) is still dissatisfied with the decision of the RTO, they may wish to seek legal advice or place a complaint about the RTO to VRQA directly.
To activate the appeals process the student is to complete a ‘Complaint and Appeals Form’ which is to include a summary of the grounds the appeal is based on. All formally submitted complaints or appeals are submitted to the Training Manager.
Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA)
Level 4, Casselden Place
2 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Ph: (30) 9637 2806