ourHUB – 155 Oriel Road, West Heidelberg is a community space
The aim of ourHUB is to provide a safe, welcoming, respectful, diverse and flexible place within the community.
ourHUB encourages participation in the community and provides a space for people to connect to each other and their local community. Staff and co-located agencies provide access to resources and information and run activities to support and encourage all members of the community. At all times service provided to people will reflect the philosophy of ourHub.
ourHUB is a contact point for the community to access resources and information and a place for co-located agencies to facilitate programs, connect the community with local activities and services.
- free computer and internet access through the IT Hub
- a place for the community to access resources and information
- meeting and activity spaces for residents, local community groups and agencies
- a base for co located agencies
- courses, training and job seeking support
- a place where the community can access training courses and job support
- a place for the community to come together about issues and activities that matter to them
- a place for agencies to run activities or services for local residents.
History – Neighbourhood Renewal
Neighbourhood Renewal (NR) was an 8 year State Government approach that brings together the ideas of residents, Governments, businesses and community groups to tackle disadvantage.
Heidelberg West was announced as an NR area in October 2005 and launched in April 2006, the project was funded until June 2013.
For further information, please contact Rachael Wightman on 9248 8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoop Dreams Australia
For the previous 2 years, Heidelberg West locals, Sonni and Nathan have worked incredibly hard in trying to bring back local basketball to Heidelberg West.
Their aim is to get kids off the streets and into the gym. A court has been made available at Olympic Village for 2 hours every week and is open for anyone in the community to come and shoot around and meet others living in the area.
We have also have a team competing in the men’s open age competition at the Mill Park Stables every Monday night and run the 3-on-3 tournament at the annual Malahang festival.
Sonni and Nathan and the Hoop Dreams team would love more youth involved in their 2 hour Friday night sessions at Olympic Village. Please visit the Hoop Dreams page on Facebook or contact Janine at E-focus on 9450 5700.
Check the clip of the Hoop Dreams program