The West Heidelberg Community Hub is a meeting space for the people of Heidelberg West where community members and social groups can host meetings or activities. It has also become a base for nearby agencies, which allows the WHCH to deliver training, support services and job assistance to many community members.
The range of programs WHCH currently hosts and offers includes:
- Back2Work (B2W) – The B2W program connects you with one of our experienced employment consultants who will dedicate themselves to working with you to improve your resume, find the job you want, excel in the interview and get the job you want.
- LVL UP – The LVL UP program is our youth focused version of the B2W program, that helps young people find work and overcome the many barriers to finding work that are unique to young people.
- IT Hub – Through the long running IT Hub program (operating 10AM to 4PM, Monday to Thursday) you’re given access to computers, the internet and the IT support of dedicated volunteers.
- OurGarden (Gardening Club) – The Gardening Club provides an opportunity for you to hone your gardening skills, meet new people, contribute to a shared community resource and maybe even pick up some produce.
- Sewing Club – At the Sewing Club you can find a group of like-minded people where you can come together to exchange tips, meet new people and improve your craft
Please note that the WHCH is always aiming to add new programs and host events for the West Heidelberg community, so please feel free to check in regularly or follow us on social media so you can keep track of our offerings and see if we’re hosting anything that appeals to you.
If you’re interested in our current programs or want to find out more about the WHCH or any of its programs, please call us at (03) 9248 8000 or fill out the form below and we’ll contact you with an answer to your questions shortly.