ParentsNext assists eligible parents to plan and prepare for employment by the time their children go to school. We work with parents to help them set work and study goals, develop a pathway to achieve these goals and also link them to local services within the community.
When participating in our ParentsNext program we will:
- help you set study and work goals
- set a participation plan with you
- meet with you on a fortnightly basis
- help you access services in the local community
Who is eligible
To be eligible for the ParentsNext program you must:
- be receiving the Parenting Payment for more than six consecutive months
- not have earned any income in the past six months
- have a youngest child under six years of age
- live in a Targeted or Intensive Stream location, and
- aren’t taking part in Disability Employment Services, Australian Disability Enterprises or jobactive stream C servicing
Can you voluntarily take part?
If you meet the requirements, you can voluntarily take part in the program and get assistance to meet your work and study goals.
To become a voluntary participant, you must be:
- receiving the Parenting Payment
- live in an Intensive Stream location, and
- have a child younger than 6
For more information
For more information about what we offer and how you can take part please either read through our Service Standards or send us a question by filling out the form below.