ourHUB aims to provide residents of the Heidelberg West area with a space that is safe, welcoming, respectful and diverse. It offers a localised service which connects the Heidelberg West community through training programs, employment pathways, internet access and referral support, aiming to enrich their day to day lives.
ourHUB is a place for the community to access resources and information, and is a meeting and activity space for residents, local community groups and agencies. Through programs such as our sewing group, we are able to provide locals with social opportunities to connect with other like-minded individuals.
It’s also become a base for co located agencies where we are able to provide courses, training and job seeking support to many of the community members.
ourHUB is home to our IT HUB which provide free IT support and services to the community.
We also assist individuals with becoming job ready through our Get Ready for Work program. This program assists participants with getting job ready by:
- Helping with cover letter and resume preparation
- Preparing for job interviews
- Providing job search advice, which includes showing participants where to look for jobs, how to apply for jobs and help to understand employer expectations
- Providing networking opportunities with local businesses and employers and
- Providing advice on employability skills
“The sewing group has exposed me to different people from different cultures and all walks of life. We share life stories and help each other with our knitting and sewing and other things. It’s a great opportunity to learn and help each other.”
Joanne, ourHUB Sewing Group participant